We often get asked why partners/ friends/ loved ones aren’t permitted into the tattoo area. This is due to a number of reasons:
● Due to health and safety- during the procedure we are dealing with bodily fluids and we need to minimise the risk of contamination.
● The dignity of our customers- for some tattoos our customers are required to adjust their clothing and discretion is required. Many people also prefer privacy during the procedure so they can get in the zone or have a quiet chat with the artist.
● We are but a small space- the tattoo area itself has space for three stations and can feel overcrowded if more people than necessary are in the tattoo area.
● Local legislation- the City of Edinburgh Council dictate that nobody other then the staff and customers should be present in the tattoo area during the procedure.
● Chatty chattersons- whilst we do love a good natter and at times we sometimes also just want to get our heads down and focus- having someone else in the area does mean you will be talking more which means you will likely be moving more. Its difficult to tattoo someone who is constantly moving about to engage with another person.
● Making your own informed decision- the tattoo is for you and all input is from you to the artist- we are happy for you to consult with your plus one over the design and placement, however once we start it can be problematic having another person overseeing and making suggestions during the process.
☆ There is an exception however- due to some people’s needs they may need to have a plus one with them in the studio- if there is any reason why another needs to be with you in the studio area due to disability/ hidden disability please state this in the consent form.
□ We are happy for you to bring a plus one to your appointment though they will be required to wait in the reception area until you are finished and they will be subjected to Sandies pish patter.
Instagram Profile: instagram.com/watermelon_tattoo